Tuesday 15 March 2011

Waltzing with a Shadow



I had no means of filming when I signed up for the 48hr horror film competition. A camera in a short film contest is like a bun on a burger... quite important. So my friends and I chipped in and bought an expensive camera from an electronics store with the intention of getting a refund and giving it back, thanks to their amazing 2 week return policy. Unfortunately we had to return the camera immediately after the competition was finished so we could all eat again. On that last day before giving it back, thoughts entered my lazy brain that this filming device should be used one last time. So, I decided to make a experimental short, a capricious idea filmed alone and under 15 minutes. I wanted to see if I could create something on a whim.....turned out a little daft, but as you can see, I can dance really well...
This short film is about a rosy cheeked man who prepares himself for a dream.
A dance with his long lost love, waltzing to their favorite song


Songs
'Smile' by Charlie Chaplin
'Lullaby' by Krzysztof Komeda, featuring Mia Farrow (Rosemarys baby OST)





0 comments:

Post a Comment